With life getting more expensive daily, you likely want to start a side hustle to bring in more money. You just don’t want to wait for 6 months before seeing your first dollar from this side hustle. I know what it feels like to chase income opportunities that don’t lead to any significant money.
You also don’t want to chase some venture that you don’t really enjoy doing since you already have a 9-5. When I found out that I could get paid to drink coffee (true story), I couldn’t stop promoting the idea of Airbnb Experiences as a side hustle.
We’re going to look at how you can actually make money with an Airbnb Experience and why this is the best side hustle out there right now for anyone looking for instant access to cash…
There are so many supposed “income streams” that don’t lead to much money at all or you have to wait like 8 months to make $8.
I wanted to look at this one side hustle (Airbnb Experiences) because I’m tired of hearing about lame ideas that require you to spend hours chipping away in hopes of earning a few pennies down the road.
You know what I’m talking about. For some reason, bloggers love to talk about filling out surveys or starting a blog. Filling out surveys may lead to pennies while blogging will take you years of consistent effort to even see any kind of return.
We’re going to look at what to expect from a side hustle, why Airbnb Experiences are the best side hustle, and what you can do right now to make money with Airbnb.
Why are Airbnb Experiences the best side hustle right now? Here’s a quick video…
[We have an entire article on starting your own Airbnb Experience and a look at experience hosts who are making real money. We also looked at the gig economy for bringing in more money.]
What should you look for in a side hustle?
Before we move forward with Airbnb Experiences, we have to look at what you should be looking out for with side hustles so that you don’t waste your time and energy on ventures that don’t lead to much.
Here’s what’s important to consider with all side hustle options:
- Is there a clear path to profit? Many side hustles don’t have a clear path to profit. You end up wasting valuable time and energy chasing some money that never arrives. You have to know when you’re going to make money, how you’re going to make money, and where this money will come from.
- How long will it take you to make some money from this? You don’t want to be waiting around for months hoping to get paid. Before pursuing any side hustle, you need to know how long it’s going to take to earn some money.
- Do you know anyone else who’s doing this? You have to be able to find someone else who’s doing this in real life. You’re not trying to be a pioneer. You want to make some money.
- Do you have to sell to friends and family? This is a major red flag of any “business opportunity.” You should never have to rely on your parents or high school friends to be the main target audience for any business venture.
- Could you enjoy doing this? Let’s not forget that you’re more likely to stick to something if you enjoy it. You already get enough stress from your day job, you don’t need a side hustle that adds to your stress.
You have a limited amount of time to work on your side hustle so you have to find something that actually brings in money right away.
Grab my free warning report here where I help you spot side hustle scams.
What’s an Airbnb Experience?
An experience is any activity that can be listed on the Airbnb app. When you look for a place to stay on Airbnb, they also provide you with things to do.
An experience is a thing to do and it can be any kind of activity (there aren’t really any limits).
This ranges from a simple walking tour to a comedy walking tour all the way to showing people how to eat fire. An experience is truly any activity that you can offer.
Do this right now to see what’s possible on Airbnb:
- Open up your Airbnb app and look at things to do near you.
- Go through the list of things to do near you
- You’ll see what’s popular around you.
- See what’s missing around you or what could be improved on.
You can apply to host any kind of experience. There are so many different themes to choose from. Here are some of the themes that you can choose from.
As you can see, here are some of the Airbnb Experience themes that you can choose from:
- Art and design.
- Culture, society, and science.
- History and literature.
- Anything else you can think of.
I decided to check out the top Airbnb Experiences in Toronto for some inspiration to see what’s popular…
There are people getting paid to take pictures and to drink downtown. I’m not sure about you, but getting paid to have some drinks or to go on a canoe tour sounds appealing to me. This is definitely more enjoyable than most side hustles that you read about.
Why is an Airbnb Experience one of the best side hustles?
Let’s break down why Airbnb Experiences are one of the best side hustles possible right now…
You get paid every single time you run an Experience.
A side hustle is all about making money for me because this isn’t a hobby. I want to get paid. I don’t want to pay my dues or spend money that I don’t have to in hopes of trying to make a dollar one day in the future.
If you want to grow a business then that’s cool. However, most people just want to make money right away. If you want to grow a long-term business then you should definitely look into starting a blog or some sort of a social media channel.
With an Airbnb experience, you get paid every single time. You offer the experience and you make money. The amount of money you earn will depend on how many guests you get per experience.
For example, if your walking tour gets 10 people at a rate of $50 then you could make $500 (subtract the 20% fee that Airbnb takes).
The main selling feature is that you get paid for every experience that you run without worrying about chasing anyone down for money.
You can get really creative with how you make money.
Whenever I see an article about something cool to do locally, I know that it’s an advertisement for an Airbnb Experience. You can get really creative with how you make money from Experiences. Your idea could be anything and there are no limits.
Here are examples of interesting experiences from around the world:
- Goat yoga.
- Taco tours.
- Eating fire.
- Historical walks.
- Any kind of walk with a twist.
- Sleeping in nature.
- Being a mermaid for a day in California.
- Run like Rocky in Philadelphia.
- Learn how to ride a Onewheel on Lake Tahoe.
- Forge knife from a horseshoe.
- Eating pizza in New York.
What this means is that you can get as creative as you want. I can’t stop looking through the random experience ideas from around the world. Go into your Airbnb app and play around with this. Type in any city and look at popular things to do. You’ll be surprised by some of the interesting experiences that are available around the world. The best part of this is that every experience is run by a regular person looking to make some money.
This means that you can find a really creative way to bring in some extra money in your spare time. If you don’t feel creatively fulfilled at your job, then you have the option of taking some chances with your side hustle.
You can get paid for something ridiculously simple.
You don’t have to reinvent the wheel with your experience as a side hustle. You can offer something that’s very common to you as an experience to tourists who aren’t familiar with your city.
If you live in a major city, there are likely certain popular landmarks that friends always ask you about.
Here’s a prime example, if you live in Los Angeles, you can take people to see the Hollywood sign (which you’ve likely seen a million times if you’re a local).
You can get also active and use your Experience as an opportunity to get some exercise in.
As you’ll see below, there are people getting paid to go paddle boarding or to paint.
Side note: kudos to the person who wants to charge people to do morning farm chores on their ranch. I once signed up for a coffee farm tour in Colombia where we essentially offered free work for the gentleman.
The world is opening up and travel is returning.
People are ready to leave home again. There’s pent-up demand for travel and new experiences since many people stayed home for the last few years due to restrictions.
According to this article, Airbnb is doing extremely well:
“Airbnb reported 102.1 million nights and experiences booked in the first quarter, surpassing pre-pandemic levels and beating expectations.”
This is great news because it shows that the world is returning back to normal and people are looking for things to do. You could offer that activity for guests and locals since we want to spend money again.
This post-pandemic pent-up wanderlust could be your prime opportunity to cash in with an Airbnb Experience by offering tourists something new to try.
You can get paid for something that you were already planning on doing.
Your experience could be something that you’re already doing on a daily basis.
I need to drink coffee and eat at some point during any given day. Running a coffee tour was a no-brainer for me since I was going to visit these shops anyways.
You can find ways to get paid for something that you were already going to do. Here are some examples of how you can do this with Airbnb Experiences:
- If you’re a comedian, you can create a behind-the-scenes experience or something for tourists.
- If you’re already planning on running a class, you could just add Airbnb to your marketing.
- If you enjoy going for bike rides, you can bring guests along for an interesting ride.
You don’t have to deal with marketing.
The worst part of any business venture that you work on is the marketing aspect because it feels like nobody even knows that you’re in business. You don’t need a full-time commitment towards advertising/marketing/sales with Airbnb.
Self-promotion has fun elements to it. Marketing constantly gets frustrating though. You have to worry about algorithms, organic reach, trying to write compelling copy, and figuring out how to even get seen.
With Airbnb Experiences, you don’t have to worry about marketing.
Airbnb does the promoting for you. They promote experiences to all guests. Anyone who’s visiting near you will find out about your experience. The other day I looked up units near Toronto and then Airbnb followed up by emailing me about local activities that I needed to check out.
You can turn your experience into a real business.
So many people overlook legit income opportunities because they’re chasing passive income fantasies.
You can turn your experience into a real business that brings in money through many different sources once you get it up and running.
I did an entire video on starting an experience empire.
How can you start an Airbnb Experience that brings in money right now?
You’re probably wondering what the catch is at this point. The truth is that Airbnb screens every application so that they don’t have a bunch of scammers on the app. They also don’t want to send guests on an experience that won’t be enjoyable because then they won’t be inclined to try another experience.
There are positives and negatives to this. The positive aspect of this is that you’re likely going to make money because Airbnb only approves ideas that they believe in. The negative part is that you actually have to put some effort into your application.
Here are the exact steps to follow to start an Airbnb Experience:
- You apply to host your experience. We’ve gone over this in the aforementioned articles.
- Wait to hear back from Airbnb to see if you’re approved or if you need to tweak anything.
- Schedule your appearance based on ideal timing for the type of activity that you’re offering (your coffee tour will likely be in the morning while your sunset ride will happen in the evening).
- Offer an amazing experience to the guests that show up.
- Build up 5-star reviews.
- Get noticed on the Airbnb platform.
- Decide on what to do next.
I created a detailed guide on how you can start your own Airbnb Experience. I show you how to make real money from the Airbnb platform without owning any property.
How can you make more money from Airbnb Experiences?
You’re not just limited to your one experience. You can turn your experience into an empire. You could build a real business here that brings in money consistently.
Here’s how you can take your experience to the next level:
- Launch one experience and master it. You can become the go-to person for food tours, walking tours, or one kind of tour in your town. Your one experience could keep you busy enough if it becomes a hit.
- Offer multiple experiences. You can offer different types of experiences once you become an established host. You can even offer the same kind of experience in different parts of town (like a different food tour in every community).
- Hire a co-host. You can bring in a co-host on the app and run multiple experiences simultaneously.
- Make partnerships with local businesses. You can work with businesses to make it mutually beneficial for both parties. You can also work out deals where you get paid for referring customers since guests will often look for other activities to do.
- Work with Airbnb hosts. There are many Airbnb management companies out there. They deal with many tourists who are looking for local things to do. By working with them, you can open your experience up to more guests.
If you get a little creative, you can create many new income streams with just an Airbnb Experience.
Check out my program on creating your own experience empire.
What’s covered in the course?
- The ultimate list of experience ideas.
- How to maximize your profits.
- How to get noticed so that your experience gets FREE publicity.
- How to work with Airbnb hosts to make more money.
- The secrets behind growing an Instagram page for your experience.
- AND MUCH MORE.
If you’re ready to start your own Airbnb Experience, you need to either check out my guide or go all in with my Experience Empire program.
That’s how you can make money from hosting your own Airbnb Experience. There’s very little risk involved and you don’t have to become a marketing expert to make some money.